- You have a chance to see the new listing 2-3 days ago before the public can see
- You will immediately know the new price when the owner reduce the price
- You will get more detail information about the property
- You will get Government Assessment and selling History for the property
- You will get "Days on the Market" for the property
- In Multiple Offers situation, you will get professional advice to help you making the right decision
- You will get the Asking and Sold prices for the properties in the neighborhood
- You can save Hundreds or Thousands of Dollars when you use a right realtor
Property Transfer Tax Act
Fair Market Value Threshold for Eligibility under the First Time Home Buyers' Program
Effective for registrations after February 20, 2007, the fair market value threshold for eligible residential property under the First Time Home Buyers' Program is increased and will apply throughout the province. The new threshold will be $375,000, which is increased from $325,000 in the Capital Regional District, Fraser Valley Regional District and Greater Vancouver Regional District, and from $265,000 in other areas of the province.
A proportional exemption is provided for principal residences that have a fair market value up to $25,000 above the new threshold.
With this change, eligible first time homebuyers can save up to $5,500 in property transfer tax on the purchase of their home.
Congratulations! You have decided to purchase a home, or are thinking about buying one. You'll be joining the ranks of hundreds of families who realize that home ownership offers a number of benefits including building equity, saving for the future, and creating an environment for your family. When you own your own home, your hard-earned dollars contribute to your mortgage. The equity you earn is yours. Over time, your home will increase in value.
In the following reports, you'll find the information you need to make a wise buying decision. We'll take you through the planning process step-by-step , to help you determine which home is right for you. You'll find a host of informative articles on mortgages, viewing homes, the offer, closing details and moving.